You are in: Asia -> China -> Hubei Shennongjia, and traditional search or Image Gallery will yield results of this site only
Hubei Shennongjia
Site number:
Type of site: Natural
Date of Inscription: 2016
Location: Asia, China, Hubei, Shennongjia
Image Gallery
Up to 75 images are shown here. Click on each for more details or on Image Gallery for more images.
Description: Located in Hubei Province, in central-eastern China, the site consists of two components: Shennongding/Badong to the west and Laojunshan to the east. It protects the largest primary forests remaining in Central China and provides habitat for many rare animal species, such as the Chinese Giant Salamander, the Golden or Sichuan Snub-nosed Monkey, the Clouded Leopard, Common Leopard and the Asian Black Bear. Hubei Shennongjia is one of three centres of biodiversity in China. The site features prominently in the history of botanical research and was the object of international plant collecting expeditions in the 19th and 20th centuries. --WHMNet's description is from WHC Site, where additional information is available.
  Shennongjia Forestry District (Chinese: 神农架林区) is a county-level administrative unit (a "forestry district") in northwestern Hubei province, People's Republic of China, directly subordinated to the provincial government. It occupies 3,253 square kilometres (1,256 sq mi) in western Hubei, and, as of 2007 had the resident population estimated at 74,000 (with the registered population of 79,976).On July 17, 2016, Hubei Shennongjia were listed as World Heritage Site, the 50th World Heritage Site in China. The population is predominantly (95%) Han Chinese, the remaining 5% being mostly Tujia. --Wikipedia. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
Source2: Wikipedia (
Reference: 1. UNESCO World Heritage Center ( 2. Wikipedia.
World Map