The following provides some details related to copyright matters and issues on both the use and inclusion in World Heritage Memory Net:
- Multimedia resources presented in this knowledgebase are for viewing, evaluation, educational and personal use only.
- The World Heritage Memory Net (WHMNet) and its multimedia and multilingual content may not be used for personal or financial gain. These materials may not be distributed or duplicated without written permission from WHMNet.
- Text: With its partnership with UNESCO/WHC, the main description of every site in WHMNet is the project’s own extensive paraphrasing effort from the official WHC description. These include all 6 official UNESCO languages ( Arabic, Chinese, French, English, Russian and Spanish ), as well as additional languages where the project has inhouse capability. Additional partial textual information when available in open source tools such as Wikipedia is also provided for user’s convenience. The WHMNet makes every effort to give proper attribution to the source and rights of ownership. If you believe that any information is improperly credited, please contact us so that we may make a correction or remove the text from the website immediately.
- Image: The WHMNet makes every attempt to include only images which are the project’s own, open source, or those images with copyright permission. Every effort is made to give proper attribution to the source and rights of ownership. If you believe that any image is improperly credited, please contact us so that we may make a correction or remove the image from the website immediately.
- Video: Videos used in this project are those which are either produced by or owned by the project, or those which use proper links to publicly available websites. I f you believe that any video is improperly credited, please contact us so that we may make a correction or remove the video from the website immediately.
- 3D Tours: We are grateful to Tito Dupret of patrimonium-mundi.org for his permission to link to his 3D sites, and his permission to allow us to create images from these sites. Proper attribution to patrimonium-mundi.org is given whenever applicable.
- It is your obligation to determine and follow all copyright or use restrictions of the material presented here. We encourage you to investigate Fair Use policies by checking on the Website of The United States Copyright Office.
- You must credit World Heritage Memory Net and/or the contributing partner in connection with any use of its material for nonprofit and educational purposes. Credit information for each item appears with the "rights" information for each image. The copyright information is also shown on the dynamically generated digital watermark on each image.
- Websites are a form of publication. You must obtain permission before you can use any material in any format from the World Heritage Memory Net website on your site.
- Unauthorized use or misuse of the material presented on this site may be pursued in the state and federal courts in the State of Massachusetts, under United States copyright law. You should agree to follow these regulations.